Saturday, July 11, 2009

PARTY TIME!!

High: Claire's party :)
Low: Two words...the...rain :(

Well today started out a little rough. I woke up saying over and over in my head "I will not be a madwoman today. I will not be a madwoman today." Ok, I was ready. I was NOT going to be a madwoman today, I was sure that I was going to enjoy the day and relax. I got up, got Claire up. We had breakfast, I had my coffee. So far so good. Then the thunder began followed by torrential downpours. I will not be a madwoman today, I will not be a madwoman today. At this point I am still smilin'. Mark and I decide just to be safe we will set everything up in the garage. Good. Still feeling pretty good. Then it happened. I went out on the back patio to see this:


Which quickly turned into this:


And not too far behind, it looked like this:



Wait..not to be outdone by this:


Yes folks, that's ALL WATER!!! Notice Claire's baby pool, which is now at this a point no longer a pool but a boat! I will not be a madwoman today, I will not be a....FORGET IT....I AM A MADWOMAN TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously! Come on!!!!! Then my mother and my girlfriend Jenn came over and calmed me down. We moved the tent in front of the garage and relocated the party. We decorated everything really cute and we were all set. Believe it or not the rain stopped (thank you for all of your prayers)! And the party went on to be a SUCCESS!!!!


Everyone enjoyed the food!



Wouldn't be a party without Baby Owen (which we all decided that he will forever be called Baby Owen no matter how old he gets).


Claire took time out from all of her partying to hold Baby Owen.

This kids loved playing outside.

Shay loved the treats at the party!!

The kids loved frosting their own cupcakes. It was such a hit at Claire's school we thought it would be fun to do it at the party!

Claire loved making hers!

She loved EATING her cupcake too!!

Aunt Colleen couldn't get enough Sierra Mist :)

And most importantly of all, Claire LOVED her party and that is all that really matters!!

No amount of rain could spoil a great party. It was so great to share this day with everyone. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CAME AND THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED!!! It was a perfect party. And to answer the most important question you all may be asking yourselves...no, I was not a madwoman today (not the whole day anyway)!!!!!!!!!! I had a GREAT time and enjoyed EVERY second of the party :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That sucks that it rained - I would have been soooo stressed! But it looks like everyone had a great time. And Claire made out like a bandit with all of those gifts!