Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Let The Madness Begin!

High: A fun filled visit to Nana and Papa's house :)
Low: Wayne Newton stiffed on the dining room today :( BUT he says he is coming tomorrow....we'll see.

So today I began getting ready for Claire's big birthday party this Saturday. Now, I am notorious for waiting until the last minute and running around like a lunatic to get stuff done. All the while yelling at poor Mark for not moving fast enough. This year I vowed it was going to be different! So today while Claire was at school, I ordered the food and went to Party City. So...I got the food ordered and all of the decorations. Now all I have left is to get the cake! So we will see. Plus, Wayne stiffed us today. He was supposed to come and sand down the walls and now he is coming tomorrow. Why is the problem one might ask. Well I will tell you....I AM HAVING 45 PEOPLE HERE ON SATURDAY!!! Did you ever see the mess that sanding makes?!?! But, not to worry because I will have everything done and all I will have to do is clean all day Friday to get ready. What do you think? Did that sound convincing?

So after we picked up Claire from school today Mark had to work. So, Claire and I went to visit Nana and Papa!
Nana and Papa just opened their pool so they bought Claire some sweet new swim gear! Apparently, we are really pushing the swimming this year huh?!

While Claire was explaining how she got her booboos today at school, Nana realized that they had matching booboos!!!!!

After dinner Claire checked her blood pressure. Everything looks good :)


Uncle Johnny stopped over for a quick smooch from his favorite niece. I will tell ya, Claire loves her Uncle Johnny!!!

Papa kept Claire amused after her bath by showing her some magic tricks. She was totally amazed, it was hilarious!! First, my dad would hold up his fist.

Then he would cover up his hand with Claire's silky.


Then he would pull the silky off and hold his hand up with his two fingers up!!! Claire was soooo amazed! It was really adorable! And yes Papa is available for parties!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the magic trick! We'll have to keep Papa in mind for Poppy's birthday party next year!

Jacqie said...

I love that picture of here taking her blood pressure! She and Colleen can practice on each other ... lol

Erin said...

This entry was cracking me and Brian up! Maybe you can rent Papa out for Claire's b-day party sat.

Kate Hunter Fredericks said...

Hello! These pics are great, I'm so glad that you started the blog!! I can't believe how big Claire is now!! Elle est tres, tres jolie!! :-)

Gros bisous!

Love,

Auntie Kate xoxoxo