Thursday, July 30, 2009

Paint.....Paint.....Paint

High: We got the dining room primed and ready to paint :) AND We got to eat dinner out on the patio :) AND I picked a paint color for the dining room :)
Low: Picking a paint color took FOREVER :(


Here is the dining room, you can't really tell but it looks great!!

Oh the dining room! I cannot believe how smooth the walls are, they really look like brand new dry wall. Wayne is the man - well...as long as you don't mind waiting around for him! So while Claire was at school today Mark and I spent waaaayyyyy too long at Lowe's picking out a paint color. Now, let me explain exactly what the problem is...I am colorblind. Yep that's right. So in my head I see exactly what I want but, when I try to explain it to people, it is all wrong. So you can only imagine how it went down at Lowe's when Mark and I tried to pick a color. Finally, we decided it was best to have my girlfriend Colleen step in and help out. So Colleen and I met at Lowe's and Mark stayed home and primed the walls. Here are the two colors Colleen and I chose:


You can only imagine how happy Mark was when I came home over an hour later with just two samples!!!!! Ok, you can't really tell but I like the one on the right. On the right you have "Cream In My Coffee" and on the left you have "Simply Pink something or other". Now they were very similiar in the store so I am glad that we did the samples. I wanted something very light and the one on the left (which is actually not all that pink but more of a beige) is too dark. Problem solved!!! HALLELUJAH we got a color!!!!!!!!


When I picked up the Chicken from school today she only wanted her Daddy :(. So when we got home she wanted to help him cut the grass.

Then when Daddy's arm got tired she decided that she would just follow him around.

It was finally nice enough at dinner time to eat out on the patio.

Claire decided that her "friends" had to come outside and eat with us.

Here is their food. After we all sat down Claire asked us "Where is the food for my friends mama? Mama my friends need food too!!" in the sweetest little voice that I had to get them a little plate.

And here are Claire's friends eating. I think they enjoyed it!

No comments: