Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 Getting Creative

Getting Creative
HIGH: Claire and I had fun with some creative play :)
LOW: We are getting sick of being stuck in the house :(


Today we were just plain bored.  We didn't feel like playing with the same old toys or even watching tv.  And it was way too cold to go outside.  So, in a desperate attempt to keep Claire actively engaged I filled up with sink with some soapy water and threw in some tupperware and let her go to town!
SHE LOVED IT!!!  Claire played in the sink for like an hour!
  It was perfect!
Claire loved making the water soapy and pouring the water everywhere :)
Claire loved "washing the dishes".

Later that evening Nana and Papa were coming over for dinner.  While I was making dinner Claire came running into the kitchen dressed like this:
Mark made me censor this picture before I could put it on the blog.  
Claire ran around the house singing and leaping.  When I asked her what she was doing (after I stopped laughing and taking pictures) and she sang "I AM A FAIRY!!!  NOT A HUMAN BUT A FAIRY!!!"  I love this kid and her awesome imagination.

Today was also Claire's first parent teacher conference.  She is doing great and we are very pleased.  The teachers are very impressed with the language skills :)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

If you would ever show up at our playdates, I would have told you about the good ol' water and tupperware in the sink trick! Keeps Poppy busy for hours! She does that every day while I get dinner ready now!