Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Saturday, January 15, 2011 Bully In The Pool





Bully In The Pool
HIGH: Mark and I had a wonderful night out with friends :)
LOW: We missed our babies :(



Today we had our Saturday swim lessons.  Oliver is doing so well! He really loves the water and enjoys splashing around.
I am still working on the settings on my camera so that I can get better pictures.
Claire loves to watch her brother swim.  She cheers him on the whole time, it is adorable.
 My fishies.

After Oliver's lesson Claire goes in for her lesson.  That is when Mark swims a few laps and then when he is done I run upstairs and get a quick work out in while Claire plays in the pool after her lesson.  Sounds crazy but it works out really well for the family.  Today while I was working out I was watching through the window that overlooks the pool and I could see what every mother dreads.  A HUGE boy (ok he was like 4 and 1/2) picking on my baby girl.  I could just tell by the body language that this kid was being mean to my baby.  I wanted to bang on the window and scream at the kid.  But, I am firm believer that some kids need to work things out on their own.  Well, the kid eventually swam away and Claire looked hurt but went back about her business.  Mark was right there and said it wasn't too bad,  the kid just called her a name.  Mark and I reviewed how to handle the situation next time and used the teachable moment to help for next time.  But, I am not gonna lie...I wanted to find that kid and yell at him.  Then I wanted to go and yell at his mother for raising a kid that would be so mean.  But I didn't.   And after spending a few hours explaining to Claire that not ALL big kids are mean, she was over it.

Later that night Claire and Oliver slept over at Grandma's and Mark and I had a nice dinner ALONE and then we met some friends out.  Overall, it was a great day and night (well minus the big bully at the pool).

No comments: