Thursday, January 27, 2011

Saturday, January 22, 2011 Tent Party

Tent Party
HIGH: We had a nice day going to swim lessons and playing around the house :)
LOW: I didn't get any good pictures at swim lessons today :(
Today was our usual swim lessons and  breakfast.  Afterward we just came home and hung out around the house all day.  After church we stopped at the grocery store and grabbed some tuna steaks for dinner.  We had a delicious dinner and chatted about the future.  We chatted about when the kids are bigger and all the fun stuff we will do.  We chatted about going to church every week and then taking the kids to the grocery store to pick out special stuff for dinner and then we can all cook together.  I look back on my own family memories and it warms my heart to think that we are starting to have our own memories.  My babies will grow up and look back on these small things that we do together with a smile and so will I :)
 
After our delicious dinner we went upstairs to play in Claire's room.   Claire got this tent for Christmas and LOVES it.  She puts all of her blankets and pillows in there will a bunch of her guys.  Now Oliver hangs out in there with her too and Pete stands guard.
 Oliver loves it.  I sit outside the tent and just listen to them giggle.  It is my favorite sound in the whole world.
Here is Claire closing the door on me so that "we can play by ourselves." I love these kids.
Can you believe how big Oliver is getting?!?!
Claire begged me and Mark to sleep in her tent all night long.  Finally, we said sure why not.  For a special Saturday treat.
Claire got her blankets, pillows, and special flashlight and she was READY!  She was so excited!!  She got all cozy and we kissed her goodnight.
About 20 minutes later I went in to check on her and here is how I found her.  In her bed :)  When we asked her why she got in her bed, she said "I just wanted to sleep in my bed."

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Um, I think this is my favorite post of yours, ever. It's so sweet how you and Mark talk about creating traditions and memories. Makes me want to be a part of your family!

And the pics of Oliver and Claire playing together in the tent! Love it!