Monday, September 6, 2010

Nothin' Much

HIGH: We had absolutely nothing to do today :)


LOW: It is Daddy's last day home with us :(


Today was the first day in a looonnnngggg time that we had NOTHING else to do but lay around and relax.  It was wonderful!!!  I finally got all that laundry put away and spent the morning in our jammies.  It was kinda sad too because today is the last day that Mark is home with us.  He has to go back to school tomorrow.  I have been really spoiled having him home all summer.  We really had a great summer and having him here a lot was great with a newborn, we will miss you Mark!!!  We did end the summer by having a wonderful family dinner at the Chinese food buffet.

  As I sit here and type I can smell the fall air outside and I am excited.  I am really looking forward to fall but most of all I am looking forward to spending time with my kids before they get old and don't want me around anymore.  I can't believe that summer has already come and gone.  I can't believe that Oliver is almost 3 months old.  And I really cannot believe that my baby Claire is 3 years old (going on 27).  That being said I decided that I don't have enough pictures of me with my children.  Since I take all the pictures I am rarely in them (plus I am not a fan of most pictures of myself, I look much better in person ;) - that was a joke by the way) so today while Claire was napping Oliver and I took pictures of ourselves.






 Here was my first attempt.  It was harder than I thought it was going to be.  Plus I was afraid to drop Nikki (my camera) on the baby, she's a big girl.  Notice my wrinkles under my soon to be thirty year old eye?!?


Oliver loves me so much.


Much better.



Whoops.  I didn't even make it into this one.



Mmmm Oliver smells so good.
And what was Claire doing this whole time you ask.....


pretending to nap. Notice the little smirk on her face :)


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I think you are in for quite a wake-up call once Mark goes back to work - don't worry, I'm here for you if you need to chat.

And Poppy has been doing quite a few "fake" naps around here too lately. Old sames - both stinkers!