Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Monday, October 11, 2010 Happy Birthday Nana!

Happy Birthday Nana!


HIGH:  Nana and Papa took Claire on a fun trip today :) AND We had a nice family party for Nana's birthday :)
LOW: I had to clean my house :(





Today Nana and Papa picked Claire up early and took her to Hidden Valley Animal Adventure.  It is this super great place where you go on a tour through their park and feed over 30 species of animals right from your hands!! They have a nice trolley that takes you on a ride and the animals are super friendly!!  Needless to say, Claire had a blast!  
 
After their super fun trip we had a nice dinner for Nana's birthday!  Mark used our apples from apple picking and a special pumpkin that he bought to make homemade apple and pumpkin pies.

Here is his apple pie, not too shabby!  It was delicious!

Here is the pumpkin pie.  This one was my favorite!  It was awesome!!! I also helped with this one.  See those fluted edges...yep that was  all me!!

Take a closer look.  Man, that is some good fluting :)

So of course we used the pumpkin pie as Nana's birthday cake.

Claire was right there to help Nana blow out her candles.

And Papa always needs a smooch from his favorite girl.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANA!!!!





1 comment:

Amanda said...

Mmmmm, I'm suddenly craving some pumpkin pie! And I'm not sure what I'm more impressed with, Mark's lattice work skills, or your fluting skills! Nice job guys!

Oh, and Marc has been talking about that animal place all summer and is dying to take Poppy! How far was it?