Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Fair


High: We spent the evening at the Fair :)
Low: I wish we went earlier :(

This morning was spent doing NOTHING! And when I say nothing I mean nothing. Breakfast dishes sat in the sink, toys all over the floor, clothes and stuff from the beach EVERYWHERE, and everyone in their jammies until about 2. IT WAS EXCELLENT! Eventually we got our act together and cleaned up. Claire even helped me wash the kitchen floor.

After Claire's nap (her super late nap) we decided to head to the fair. Now, I am not really a fan of the fair but now that I have Claire...I LOVE IT!!! I think its because Claire had so much fun. She loves the lights, music, people, animals, and rides.




This was Claire's first experience with cotton candy. As you can see from her face, she was pretty excited!












Claire loved the cotton candy!























As well as the fried dough!
















The carousel was a huge hit!



Claire went on her first roller coaster at the fair. Once it started my stomach dropped a little because it moved really fast. Claire loved it though! This was the best picture I could get (BECAUSE IT MOVED SOOOO FAST!).



Mommy and Claire always love a nice train ride. This one was pretty cool. It played music and car bumped up and down.



Here is the bounce house. Notice that Claire is going in by herself. The guy wouldn't let us go in with her. I thought she was going to be upset but...NOPE! She ran right through it all by herself and loved every second of it!!!
****Kate, if you are reading this - THIS IS NOT THAT SAME AS YOUR BEACH STORY FROM WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE!!****



Here she is flying down the slide...again all by herself!






Claire played her first game at the fair today. She just had to pick up three fish and do something with them. Mark and I still aren't really sure what the rules are. We feel that they are subject to change quite frequently. Either way she won a pink ball!





I had to put this picture in. Mark always wants me to take pictures with prices on them. This way one day we will look back and see how cheap stuff was (that's my man). Anyway I didn't even realize it but check out the kid behind the register!!!! Awesome!

3 comments:

amy said...

I'm not a fair person either, but it was fun going with the kids! I love mark with his price thing!!

Jessica said...

I told you that the fair was fun with kids! I'm glad you guys had a great time.

TAmmy said...

Love the picture of Claire flying down the bouncy slide!
Also the Iced Tea picture makes me laugh.....I would be THAT kid.