Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Closets and Bad Tigger

High: I finally got Claire's closet cleaned out and organized :)
Low: IT WAS SUPER HOT WHILE I WAS CLEANING THAT CLOSET OUT :(

So, I decided today was the day. I have been putting this little project off for awhile. Claire has a huge closet, which has been doubling as a play area. Plus, I have just been piling up all the clothes that Claire grows out of. But, today was the day. Mark went to the local hardware store and bought me some storage bins (which to my delight were pink) and I got to work!

Here is what I started with.

Here is what Claire's room looked like while I was working. It is usually at this point that I look around and think "My God what have I done?!".


Did I mention that Claire's dresser drawers were also filled with clothes that she outgrew?

THE FINAL PRODUCT:




I couldn't really get in there to show the shelves and all the details but, trust me it came out GREAT! I can honestly say though that this little project brought a few tears to my eyes. I went through all of Claire's old clothes and remembered my favorites, and ditched the ones with strange stains on them. It was kinda sad. I know I say this all the time but I cannot believe how fast she has grown!!!

After a nice dinner we headed to the playroom in the basement. Which we rarely use in the summertime, but it was sooooo hot today and I finally convinced Mark to turn the air on! So while we were waiting for the house to cool down we headed to the nice cool basement!


Mark decided it was time for Claire to start reading Shakespeare.

Then Claire decided that it was time to start reading Daddy Shakespeare.

Claire was all about the camera today. She wanted me to take this picture. "You take Cwaire's picture in the hole Mama?"


Then Claire wanted to take my picture. She didn't do too bad!!!

While in the basement Claire rediscovered Tigger. Aunt Erin gave Claire Tigger for Christmas and she loved him, but she has really not paid attention to him since then. Well, today she found him and couldn't get enough of him jumping and talking! That is until he got near her babies. I was laughing so hard I am lucky I could actually take these pictures.


Claire was sitting in her chair with her babies. "Mama make Tigger jump." she asked in the sweetest little voice. So I did as I was told. Notice her face as she scoops up her baby in fear and anger!

Then she just kept pulling her babies farther and farther away from him!


Then she jumped out of her chair......

And pushed Tigger down.

I am happy to report Tigger is recovering just fine. We are not sure if he will be pressing charges or not. We will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Good work with tackling that closet! I know how you feel about outgrown clothes - very sad.