Monday, July 8, 2013

Oliver's First Trip To The Dentist

HIGH: Today was Oliver's first trip to the dentist :)
LOW: We are going away for a few days for our anniversary so I won't be able to blog the next few days AND I have to pack everything up for us and the for the kids to stay with their grandparents :(

Today was my first day doing the Summer Reading Clinic at my school.  I really enjoy doing this program and this year Claire was able to come with me.  She really enjoyed it and I am very thankful that my teammates were willing to let her jump in.  Claire did great and really enjoyed learning some new things!  Today was also Oliver's first trip to the dentist!
I had to have some work done too so we all went together.  Here is Claire and Oliver waiting patiently in the waiting room.  Oliver was so excited to meet Dr. Clauss and get his teeth cleaned.
Everyone there was wonderful!  They even let me leave my chair to go over and see Oliver. 
Here is Oliver getting started.
He was so good the whole time.  I went over to sneak a peek at him and he asked me "Who are you?"  I got a little nervous for a second and asked him what he meant.  And he told me, "Who you supposed to be?" Then I realized that he was talking about my bib. He thought I was wearing some sort of a costume.
Oliver was very excited to meet Dr. Clauss. He was surprisingly quiet the whole time.  I was afraid that he wasn't going to stop talking long enough for them to clean his teeth!  But he was actually a little shy.  Dr. Clauss said his teeth look perfect!!
Then when we got home Oliver was a Ninja turtle.  Raph to be specific, even though his mask is blue he told me, "I Raph!  I da red one.  I pretending it not blue.  I pretending it red!"  So when it was time for bed Oliver did not want to take a bath.  But once I asked Raph if he was ready and jumped right in.

Tomorrow Mark and I are going away for a few days to celebrate our 10 year wedding anniversary.  So the kids are going to be with the grandparents and I won't blog until I get back.  I am going to miss the kids like crazy but I am really looking forward to celebrating our anniversary.  I can't believe it's been TEN YEARS!!!

No comments: