Friday, July 12, 2013

Beach Day!

HIGH: We spent a nice day just relaxing together :)
LOW:  I didn't take any pictures today :(


Today we had a much needed lay around day.  We stayed in our pajamas all day and just relaxed, it was perfect.  I didn't take any pictures today but I took a ton of pictures yesterday when we picked the kids up from the beach so I will post those and write about the fun we had yesterday!
Mark and I had a great time on our trip but we couldn't wait to get back to our babies!  They spent the night before at the beach so we headed straight there from Belhurst and spent the rest of the day enjoying the gorgeous weather!
I was so happy to see this face.  I missed Claire like crazy.  She was so sweet when she saw me!  She gave me a huge hug and then kept telling me how much she loved me, it was so sweet!!!
Oliver was excited to see us too and climbed all over Daddy!
Oliver kept talking about going on a boat so Grandma and Grandpa had this blow up boat at the cottage and we dragged it down to the beach!  Daddy pumped it up just for him.
The kids couldn't wait to hop in it and go for a ride.
After it was all blown up, we sent them off into the water with Daddy.
Shortly after they left they came back and Oliver flung himself out of the boat!  The water was really choppy and Oliver was NOT pleased with his boating experience! Claire loved it but Oliver couldn't wait to get out!!
He preferred to hang out on the boat on land.
He had a blast sitting in his boat and eating his snacks on the sand, where the boat did not move.
After a great day at the beach Grandma and Grandpa took us to dinner for our anniversary.
My grown up girl at dinner.
Jenna braided Claire's hair earlier in the day and Claire loved it!!  She wanted me to take a picture of it.
I missed this little guy like crazy too!  Oliver had fun playing with my phone at dinner.
And once the band started he did his best to be louder than the music.
After dinner we headed over to the anchor so the kids could play on it.
Claire was so proud that she could climb to the top all by herself.
Oliver couldn't quite climb to the top so he enjoyed hanging on the bottom of it.
He also enjoyed giving Grandma HUGE kisses.
Then I tried pitifully to get a picture of me with the kids.  As you can see, it didn't really work out.
Here is Grandma trying to help me get them set up.
Apparently the rock was not very comfortable.  At this point I was laughing so hard and begging them to just stay still and smile really quick!
And then they were done and just wanted to get off the rock. I am still begging them to just look at the camera and smile.  It was pathetic yet hysterical.
 I kind of got a nice picture with Oliver.
This was the best we could do.
Then it was time to head back to the cottage for a much need bath.  Claire danced the whole way out of the parking lot.  She was exhausted and when she gets tired she gets really goofy!!

We had a great time yesterday being back with our babies and today we were all exhausted from all of our travels (us from Belhurst and the kids from spending 3 days with their grandparents). So today we just relaxed and enjoyed being together.  Vacations are great but nothing beats being home with my family.

No comments: