Monday, August 13, 2012

Family Time At The Beach

HIGH: We had a nice day at the beach with just our family :)
LOW: We missed the whole family being at the beach :(
Today we decided to head up the beach for a little while.  It was just us and that was really nice.
I really wanted to get a nice picture of me and the kids.  First, I had to start with cleaning up Oliver who had food all over his face.
You can tell that Claire is ready but it took me a while to get Oliver ready.
Still working on it.  Oliver gets a little messy.
One of our attempts.  I am not really sure what is happening here.
Another one of our attempts.  Believe it or not this is the best shot we got.  I guess I will have to keep waiting for my nice picture with the kids.
The kids had a blast swimming with Daddy.  It was really nice to spend some quality time together with just us.  Here is Mother Hen Claire helping Oliver get into the water.  I would like to point out that Oliver did not need any help getting in the water but Claire wanted to help anyway.  Claire is ALWAYS helping Oliver.  Even if he needs it or not.  
I was looking at Claire at the beach today and she looked so big to me.  My beautiful little girl is growing up right before my eyes.  I need time to slow down :)
And this guy is growing so fast!  He is so hilarious!  He makes me laugh all day long.  I can have whole conversations with him now and it is so funny.  I think about bringing him down to the beach when he was just two months old.  Now he is running around like he owns the place.  

Today I realized we had a wonderful summer so far.  I have been making it a point to savor every second with my kids because they are just growing so fast.  This summer has been filled with wonderful memories but I do wish that time would slow down just a bit :)


1 comment:

Sara said...

I love how Claire is so ready for the picture to be taken when you and Oliver arent looking! She is such a little ham!! :)