Monday, August 27, 2012

Buildin' Castles In The Sand

HIGH: We had yet another great day at the beach building sand castles :)
LOW: I forgot my camera chip so I had to take all my pictures with my phone :(
Yesterday we packed up and headed back up to the beach.  I swear we could go to the beach everyday and my kids would never get sick of it!!! Yesterday we spent the day building a serious sand castle.
Claire and Daddy worked really hard building the ultimate castle.
We had to explain to Oliver that we do not spend all that time building the castle just to kick it over.  Once, that was explained we were good to go.
Claire loved playing Jessie on the beach.  She is thrilled that Jessie is going to a big fifth grader at her new school.
Oliver was really into building the moat around the castle.  He spent a ton of time filling up his buckets in the water....
Dragging them to the moat...
And then dumping them in.  Over and over and over and over.  He didn't even seem to get too frustrated when the water absorbed almost immediately into the sand.  

We really love the beach.  We always have a really relaxing time there.  My kids are so good at the beach!!  They find so many things to do to keep themselves entertained.  It is amazing!!  I am really gonna miss the beach this winter :(

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What a perfect day for the beach!

Now about that memory card you keep forgetting - do you know they make one called an eye-fi and you don't even have to take it out of your camera and it automatically sends your pics to your computer?! They're a little pricier than a regular card, but for you, I think it would be worth every penny. Just sayin'. ;)

Natalie said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I am always forgetting my card!!