Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Saturday, November 27, 2010 Christmas Decorations

Christmas Decorations
HIGH:  We put up all of our Christmas decorations today :)
LOW: A lot of our lights don't work :(


Today we turned on the Christmas music, dragged up all of the boxes out of the basement, and we got to work transforming our house into Christmas City!!!

We cleared everything out and started unpacking the decorations!
Claire was SUPER into decorating this year!  She was very involved!
Poor Mark has to re-string the lights on one of our Christmas trees.  Not an easy job. 
Claire could not wait to put the ornaments on the tree.
She was so excited when she found the ornament that I made her 3 years ago.  She started yelling "Mommy!!  This one has my name on it!!"  When I painted that ornament I couldn't wait to watch her put it on the tree, and now she loves it!  It made me a little teary!
I gave Claire a pile of soft, non-breakable ornaments and told her that she could put them anywhere on the tree that she wanted.  Well, in typical Claire fashion she put them all on two branches.  Again, this was very hard for me but...I left them there :)
Finally, it was time for Claire to put the star on the tree.  Poor Mark almost dropped her into the tree but they pulled it off!!
Oliver played nicely on his playmat while we decorated.  Until, I heard Claire yelling "Oliver is trapped!!! Mommy, Oliver is trapped!!"  Poor kid, somehow he flipped the playmat over himself!  He loves to have his face covered so, of course he wasn't crying or anything.  God love him!

Well, the  house is all decorated and looks beautiful!  I love love love Christmas time!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Awww, we need to go paint ceramics again! We haven't done it in years!