Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Santa Express

HIGH: A great trip on the Santa Express with Nana and Papa :)
LOW: We were too pooped to make it to the tree lighting ceremony downtown :(


Today Nana and Papa took the whole family on the Santa Express!  We took a nice train ride to see Santa!  The kids all wore their jammies, it was super fun!  There was hot chocolate, popcorn, Christmas music in each car, and of course SANTA!!  Claire and Oliver had a blast!
Oliver and Nana waiting for the train to leave the station.
ALL ABOARD!!!
We didn't even sit down yet and Claire was telling me how much fun she was having!
Of course we all had our snacks!
This is Claire when the horn sounded and the train started to move.
Oliver had fun hangin' with Nana.
My little Elves.
Oliver kissin' Claire.  I swear he gives kisses already!  Well, it's more like he sucks on your face BUT it is a definite sign of affection :)
Oliver was sooo good all day!  He didn't fuss once, even when we went out to eat after the train ride.  He was perfectly content with a rattle to suck on.
Claire loved staring out the window.
The conductor came around and punched everyone's tickets.  Claire thought this was awesome!  She didn't let that ticket go after it was punched.
They had singers that went from car to car singing Christmas songs.
My little train buddy.
My dad's best friend and his wife and their grandkids met up with us while we were there too. I swear my Dad was there, although I have no pictures of him!
All I wanted was a picture by the train but of course neither of the kids are looking.
Today was Claire's first experience with gloves not mittens.  Yeah...didn't go so well.  I need to find gloves that fit these tiny fingers.
Mark and Oliver waiting patiently for Santa.
Claire couldn't wait to get on Santa's lap!
She let him know all of the things that she wanted for Christmas.
Then she posed for a picture (she knows the drill by now).
The Komos and Santa.  What did Mark ask Santa for this year?  New forks.  Somehow, we have lost half of our forks.  I hope Santa pulls through for us :)
Then Mrs. Clause (or Mrs. Santa Clause as Claire calls her) gave Claire a candy cane.
Me and my baby girl.
Oliver back on the train ready to head home.
"WAIT!!  WHAT DO YOU MEAN SANTA IS ON THE TRAIN NOW?!?!?!!?"
One more picture with Santa.
Claire writing a thank you letter to Santa.
Claire even looked cute from behind.
My mother and I had to sit in the third row seating in my truck.  Besides it being a huge pain to get in the back (although HILARIOUS) it was pretty comfy.  Oliver loved it because he could see us the whole time!

IT WAS A GREAT DAY!  THANK YOU NANA AND PAPA!!  WE LOVE YOU!!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like such a great time!!!

Village Living said...

How cool! I LOVE the kid's jammies!!!