Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Oliver's First Soccer Practice

Today was Oliver's first soccer practice! He is doing the same Daddy and Me program that Claire did when she was exactly his age and he was TWO WEEKS old (click HERE to see Claire's first practice and you can see how teeny tiny Oliver was).  I cannot believe that Oliver is old enough to be doing the same program.  I feel like it was just yesterday we started with Claire and I was nursing my two week old Oliver while trying to take pictures of Claire!!
To say Oliver was excited is an understatement.  He tried to borrow Sissy's shin guards but they were a little too big, he was able to wear her shorts though.
As soon as we got there Oliver was so excited to see that his buddy Jack was on his team but then he was all business.  He was very into his coach and doing whatever his coach said.
He actually kept walking away from Mark so that he could ask his coach questions.  One question being, "Do you have any tattoos?"  Also, he would not doing anything unless the coach told him to do it. Mark would repeat what the coach said but that was not good enough.  Oliver would only do what the coach told him to do and if he didn't hear the coach, well then that didn't count.
 Oliver really enjoyed himself and he had some pretty good form.  And I am pretty positive that he was the most handsome kid out there.
 He did a great job dribbling.   He worked really hard on kicking with the insides of his feet.
He did a great job trapping the ball too.  Except that he had to hold onto Mark when he trapped the ball because his legs are too short and he would fall over.
Oliver even scored a goal today!!!
Claire had a blast playing with Kaelyn.  And Kaelyn thought Claire was just hilarious.
After the first big game we all stopped for some ice cream.  Claire and Oliver loved snacking on their green ice cream.  

I am so proud of Oliver.  Even though he was very chatty he did a great job and I loved watching him play.  I was a little sad though because it really felt like yesterday I was sitting there nursing him while Claire was his age and playing on the same field.  My babies are getting old and it is making me sad.

2 comments:

amy said...

He has great form!! I clicked and looked back at Claire's practice. I can't believe how little he was!! Such a big boy now!

Sara said...

Oliver looks like he is a true pro at soccer!!!!