Saturday, June 22, 2013

And So Summer Begins!!

Even though I never really feel that summer officially begins until the first Monday that we are off, I decided to start my tradition of blogging everyday in the summer today.
Last night the kids spent the night at the beach so that Mark and I could go to our annual end of the year party.  After a great night celebrating the end of the school year we met the kids and my in laws up at the cottage and spent the day at the beach.
The weather was gorgeous and Claire enjoyed the first day of playing in the sand and swimming in the water.
Oliver was exhausted from having a camp fire the night before so he slept for over 2 hours on the beach.
While Oliver napped, Daddy and Claire enjoyed a nice swim in the FREEZING cold water.
When Oliver first woke up he was a little groggy but it didn't take him long to get into playing at beach.
Claire guided him into the water to take a chilly dip.
Daddy, Claire, and Oliver had a blast swimming.
Oliver was so excited to use his angry birds towel that Grandma bought him.
Even I ventured into the arctic cold water for a little while, even though I didn't last very long.
Needless to say the kids were beat on the way home!!  It was an early night for everyone!  
It was a great way to start the summer!  I can't wait to just relax and hang out at the beach, the zoo, the park, and have playdates!  BRING ON THE SUMMER!!!!!!

Yesterday Mark and I left our end of the bash for a while to see Claire get her first award.
Claire had her pizza party and soccer awards for the end of her soccer season.  She was so proud of her first real award.
While the kids enjoyed their pizza the coach handed out the medals.
It was so cute to see all the kids get their medals.  Claire was so proud of hers.  She kept saying, "I can't believe I have a real medal.  Mommy you can wear it someday and mean SOMEDAY!"

No comments: