Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Claire's Last Day Of Kindergarten!!

Today was Claire's last day of Kindergarten!  My baby is going to be in FIRST grade!  I cannot even believe it!!  She has learned so much this year and I am so proud of the person that she is.  Claire loved school and she really changed from a little girl into a little lady.
Of all the wonderful things that Claire did in Kindergarten, if you ask her what her favorite part of Kindergarten was she will tell you, "Seeing Papa every morning."  Her and Papa really bonded when he would come over and put her on the bus.  They are like two peas in a pod!  They have really formed a sweet relationship and it makes me so happy.  I was very close with my Poppy and to see Claire and my father be so close warms my heart.  Although she loves seeing Papa everyday (so much so that she would be sad when there was no school) I don't think she really realizes the wonderful memories that she is forming with my father.  

I was also very lucky this school year.  I got to see my father every morning before I left for work.  He would start my car on snowy days, bring me coffee if I ran out, drop things off at work for me if I forgot them (or needed them last minute), and always hug and kiss me before I left for work and tell me he loved me.  Who else gets that as an adult married woman??  I got to hug and kiss my father every day and tell him that I love him, that is amazing.  Claire is not the only one who got to make some wonderful lasting memories this school year...I did too.  
Thank you Papa for making this school year perfect for my baby and for me too.  We love you.

2 comments:

amy said...

Aww, that is so sweet! How lucky both of you are!!

Trish said...

Such precious memories!