Monday, September 3, 2012

Goodbye Sweet Summer

HIGH: I am all ready for school tomorrow :)
LOW: Summer is over :(
I am little sad to say that on our last official day of summer vacation we didn't do anything exciting.  Usually we like to do something special on the last day of summer but today we had to clean clean clean!  The house was a dusting mess from the kitchen demo so we had to get it cleaned up!  Plus with all of the kitchen stuff going on I didn't really have too much time to get everything ready for tomorrow.
Here is some shots of the final kitchen demo.
I have decided to get pictures from the same corners of the room so that you can see the progress.
 You can't really tell but the floor looks great!  It took Mark forever to get up the old flooring and all of the screws.
I can't believe that this used to be my kitchen and that it will soon look beautiful!
After our naps we headed up to the beach for dinner.  Oliver loved reading with Great Grandma.
 He wore his favorite shirt today.  The whole time he wears it he says "What's up Dog?" over and over. Thanks Owen :)
Oliver was all over the place today.  First he ran around with Grandpa.
Then Aunt Sara.
Then Daddy.  Claire had a blast playing games with Aunt Sara and Uncle Kevin too.

Usually I post our goals for the school year on our first day of school.  But since Claire's first day isn't until Thursday I am going to wait and post them then.  I am sad to see summer go but I am looking forward to another great school year.  I am so lucky to have a job that lets me have a whole summer off to be with my family!  It was a great summer!  I can honestly say that we did EVERYTHING we said we wanted to do.  We made some great memories and I will never forget them!!!  So now I am ready...BRING ON THE SCHOOL YEAR!!!!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Good luck on your first day of school! :)