Thursday, May 14, 2020

Day 60

Yesterday we continued our hiking challenge and did our 4th hike.  The weather was a bit chilly but the sun was shining so we finished up our work early and headed out to Griffis Sculpture Park.
We went over and over the trail map this time so that we didn't get lost again!!!
The sculptures were so cool!


There were so many beautiful places to take pictures!
The best part of this park was that all of the sculptures are built to be climbed on and touched.   It was perfect for kids!
And adults.
Found our landmark with no problems this time!!!

My little man.  He has been so positive and happy (and chatty) throughout this thing.  The only time he has gotten emotional was when he couldn't pet our neighbors dog Monty.  Other than that he has been working so hard with his school work and living his best life.  I never have to nag him about school work and fight with him to get it done. I am so proud of how hard that he is working!
We even got a picture of Me and Mark!
I have to say, I love the hiking.  Not only does it get us out of the house and give us something to do. But we have really created some amazing memories.  This is definitely something we never would have had time for in "the real world" and I am loving this part up!
My beautiful girl. She is going to be in to 8th grade next year and she is seriously just the best kid ever.  She is so easy going and helpful and NEVER treats me the way that I feared a daughter would lol.  She was just invited to take Earth Science next year at the high school before heading to the middle school to finish her day. She was also invited back for another of accelerated math.  To say that I am proud of her is a complete understatement.  I  miss her being my baby so much but I am ridiculously proud of who she is growing up to be.  Sometimes I just watch her while she is baking, fixing something, or just watching a show with me and I feel like my heart could burst.  


Right now I am "teaching" my students about insects and there were so many insect sculptures!  I had to take a bunch of pictures and send them to my kids!

Then we ended the day with a nice fire and some intense fire dancing!


No comments: