Sunday, May 10, 2020

Day 56


Yesterday we did hike #3 on our hiking challenge.  We went to Knox Farm.  I love Knox and we figured yesterday would be a great time to go because the weather was going to be a little cold so it wouldn't be as busy.
So we bundled up and headed out! 
 None of us realized that there was going to be a full on blizzard though!!!!
Oliver was pretty pumped when he found the lending library that his librarian at school talked about!
 Then it started to hail!
 The weather literally changed every 10 minutes.  At this point it was lightly snowing.
 Here the snow let up but the wind was out of control!  We all walked backwards for a bit to try to shield the wind.

 Then we thought we found the pond for our landmark.  Turns out this wasn't the right pond but at least the sun was shining and the winds stopped!
 I love these guys.
After much mud, snow, hail, using our phone to GPS stuff, a few tears, some falls, and some carrying we made it to the right pond!!!  Although we all agreed the first pond was much prettier.  
 No matter how rough our hikes can get we are all pretty proud of ourselves when we make it to our landmark!
 Then of course, it is time for our post hike snacks!
 Then we came home and warmed up.  After a bit of warming up and watching Schitt's Creek I made dinner.  While I waited for our dinner I had a glass of wine and worked on my blog. 
After dinner Mark had some errands to run so I brought my wine and we had a little car date (no wine for Mark of course).  After our errands we drove around and looked at houses and chatted about the future. It was a pretty nice date.  Yesterday was a good day.  Yesterday I forgot (a little) about the madness around us and just enjoyed the day with my family.  

No comments: