Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Day 58

 Yesterday I had to go to school to pack up my students' things.  I was prepared this time. I was prepared to be sad that the school year was over and I wasn't going to get a proper goodbye with my kids.  I was prepared to feel empty when I got home and want the world to go back to what it was like before.  This time I was ready.  And it wasn't as bad.  Anyone who knows me, knows how lucky and blessed that I am to have Sue as the aide in my classroom.  I don't know what I would do without her and I am so happy that I don't have to go through this alone.  We worked quickly and efficiently to get everything packed up.  When we were done, we just stood there, unable to hug and say goodbye.  So we just stood there and tried not to cry.  While it was awful, it was nice to not be alone. 
And this kept happening!  Since I don't go too many places I really haven't needed to wear a mask much.  But yesterday I had to wear one pretty much all day.  And this is a real problem! LOL!

No comments: