Friday, August 30, 2013

The Last Official Day Of Summer

HIGH: We had a great day at the beach :)
LOW: Today is the last official day of summer :(
Since today was the last official day of summer we decided to head up to the beach.
The girls met us up there and we had a great last day of summer together.
Claire and Oliver loved playing at the beach.
The kids had a blast playing together.  They all played so well together and had a great day.
The grown ups had a great time chatting and relaxing too!
Oliver loved hanging out with Hannah and snuggling up with her to relax.
Frankie cracked me up sitting in his tire.
And everyone enjoyed the snacks.
The kids really had a great time.  I love to watch them play and use their imaginations.  I am not really sure what they are doing here but they spent over an hour doing this!
After a long day at the beach, we headed back to the cottage for bathes, a movie, and some dinner.  Here are the kids all fresh and clean watching a movie.
After they got sick of the movie they headed outside to play Duck Duck Goose while we finished dinner.
Nicholas had fun watching the kids play.  Next year I am sure he will be right in the mix.
My father in law enjoyed watching all the kids play (and heckling me about blogging, he is my number one fan).
Me and my sisterwives.  We have it down to a science.  Jessica bathed the kids while Jenn, Amy, and I made dinner.  We are like a well oiled machine.  I love these girls.
I even got a shot of all the kids together (except Ella and Charlie because they had to leave).  They really had a blast playing together today.  While we all sat and watched the kids play we talked about how we cannot believe all these gorgeous little people belong to us!!!!

While we had a blast today, I couldn't help but get a little sad.  I was sad because summer is really over.  Today was the last official day and next week it is back to school, activities, and work.  I am ready to go back to school and settle into a nice routine but I am sad that we will have to wait a whole year to be all together at the beach again.  I love going up there whenever we feel like it and spending our days in the sun.  Before we know it it will be snowing and the beach will seem so far away.  Plus the kids will all be another year older when we return to the beach and that makes me the most sad.  I am so thankful that my inlaws are so wonderful and let us invade their cottage whenever we feel like it.  Without them we wouldn't have made so many amazing memories! 

1 comment:

amy said...

So much fun!! What a great way to end the summer!