Monday, August 19, 2013

Leah & Stephen's Wedding!

HIGH: TODAY WAS LEAH AND STEPHEN'S WEDDING :)
LOW:  I can't believe that Leah is old enough to get married :(
Saturday was Leah and Stephen's wedding!  We had a wonderful day!  The kids had a blast being a part of their special day and we all had a great time at the wedding! 
As I watched Leah get married I just kept picturing her as a tiny baby.  I was 8 years old when Leah was born and I fell in love with her immediately.  I used to carry her around and pretend she was my baby (then I had the pleasant surprise of having Claire who looks just like her).  Her and I bonded right away.  We were always very close and she is very much like my little sister.  I love how our relationship has unfolded over the years.  We talk all the time and I am very honored when she calls me for advice! It seems like just yesterday I took her shopping for a purse for her first prom.  I can still remember my own wedding day.  Leah was a bridesmaid at 16 years old.  When she got to my house I was so taken aback at how gorgeous she looked!  She looked like such a beautiful young lady and not a young 16 year old girl.  I remember telling her in all seriousness, "No one is supposed to look more beautiful than the bride!" And now here we were at HER wedding!!  And as I watched her walk down the aisle I thought about how she has grown from an adorable baby, to an charming little girl, to beautiful young lady, to a gorgeous woman.  And I am positive that NO ONE looked more beautiful than the bride that day.
Claire was the flower girl and loved getting her hair done by our friend Marilyn.
She wore the same headpiece that I wore on my wedding day ten years ago!
Marilyn did a great job on Claire's hair (just like she did a great job on my hair ten years ago for my wedding)!
Oliver was the ring bearer and he looked so handsome!
The pillow he carried down the aisle held my Aunt and Uncle's wedding rings.
And Claire carried a small bouquet of beautiful red roses.
 She looked so gorgeous and grown up.
Claire and Oliver did a great job walking up the aisle.  I cried when I saw them walk down the same aisle that Mark and I walked down when we got married.  Then I cried some more to think that this was the same aisle that my grandparents walked down and my own parents too.
The reception was beautiful!  The cake was stunning, the food was delicious, and the music was perfect!
The kids loved being at such a grown up dinner.
Claire was so excited to see her own little place card!
Oliver loved drinking out of the fancy glasses.
And he really loved eating some wedding cake.
And some more wedding cake.
And even more wedding cake.
Claire loved hanging out Nana.
And Uncle Greg and Aunt Sue.
I was even able to get some nice pictures of my babies.
They looked so adorable!
My little stud muffin.
By the time dancing came around the kids were BEAT!  When I asked Oliver if he wanted to dance he told me, "I just wanna lay down somewhere and go to sleep."  His timing was perfect because Grandma and Grandpa were there to pick them up!  But Claire wanted to dance so she stayed for a bit to rock it up on the dance floor with me, Aunt Sue, and Nana.
I loved dancing with my little girl!
And so did Nana!
The wedding was perfect!  The best part was being with my family and having a great time.  Here I am with my favorite girl cousins :)

Congratulations Stephen and Leah!  We love you guys!!!!

No comments: