Thursday, March 7, 2013

Big Things

We have had some big things going on here lately!  For one, my camera is broken.  This is awful.  It has been two full weeks without my camera and I have been devastated!  Thankfully my mother let me borrow her point and shoot but still, I miss my baby!!!  

Enough of my whining, now onto the good news!!!!

 
Yep!  That's right!  Claire has been chosen to be a part of a "Challenge reading group"!  I cried when this came home.  I am so proud of my girl!!  We have really enjoyed the books that have come home.  It has been a little extra work but we are all loving it!  Oliver loves when Claire reads her new books to us each night!
Also, Claire recently came home with this little award!  SHE CAN TIE HER SHOES!!!!!!!  The poor thing has been working on this since the summer with her tiny little fingers.  I am so proud of her for not giving up and keeping at it!  Again, I cried when this came home!  Claire is growing up so fast and she makes me so proud EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

Claire isn't the only one growing up.  Oliver is off the binkie (since the fall), in a big boy bed, totally potty trained, and moving to the big 3 year old room at school.  I am so proud of him!!

OK, they can both take a break and stop growing up so fast now!!!  At night I have been getting teary (I seem to cry a lot these days)  and telling Claire all kinds of stories of when she was a baby.  She loves to hear these stories but cannot understand why I am crying.  I asked her to stop growing please and she told me, "I will try Mom but it is going to be hard.  I don't think it is going to work!"  I know everyone says this but MY KIDS REALLY ARE THE BEST!!!!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Way to go Claire! And please, let me know if she figures out how to stop growing. Poppy's only idea was to stop eating her veggies.