Monday, March 11, 2013

Playing Around And Being Sentimental

My camera is home.  Home and fixed.  I have really missed having my camera but while she was away I had some time to really look into some new ways to use her.  As soon as I got her back I was ready to really practice and do a lot of different things.
I really played around with my lighting.  While I was doing this I got some different pictures of the kids.  I love this picture.  Claire's face is priceless.  She was getting really sick of me asking her to sit in different spots around the house while I took 3,000 pictures of her while I changed my settings and played with my flash.
My lighting was good here but Claire was yawning :)
The weather was gorgeous this weekend so I got to play around with some great natural light.  Claire is a great little model.  She does anything I ask her to.  I love this kid.
Oliver doesn't pose very well but he is always fun and a good sport.
And seriously....look at this face. I have a hard time not kissing and biting him constantly.
I asked him to show me something.  So here he is showing me his boo boo.
My babies.
Later on we went to the playground.  We grabbed some McDonalds and ate at the playground so we could enjoy this weather.  Oliver just kept saying "We eat at the playground....that's exciting!"
He loves the swings :)
Claire loves to help Oliver do everything.  She had a blast pushing on the swing.
Claire loved being sassy for the camera.
The kids loved running around in the warm weather.  Here they are chasing a squirrel.  Oh to be a kid again and have this be the most exciting thing that has happened all day.
My babies checking out the frozen lake.

The day before I went to the cemetery to practice taking some pictures.  I know it sounds morbid but I have always loved cemeteries.  When I was a kid my Poppy would take me for walks in the cemetery and tell me stories of all the people that have passed away.  He made the cemetery seem so peaceful and relaxing.  I used to love to listen all of his stories.  So to this day I find the cemetery so relaxing.  It's creepy I know, but I love it there.  So when I was doing one of my "assignments" from my photography book and the first assignment was to go somewhere tranquil and take pictures of the architecture, the cemetery was the first place that came to mind.  Here are a couple of pictures that I took.
This is one of my family's stones.  
This is a stone that my Poppy used to tell me was father and son.  He had some huge back story to it that I used to make him tell me over and over.  I stood there for what seemed like hours and it saddens me to say that I cannot remember any of the story.  I just remember that I loved it.  While I was there it really made me sad that I can't remember many of the stories he told me.  They were so detailed and beautiful and they never changed.  It kills me that I cannot remember any of them.  I guess I will have to make up my own stories and just remember they way they made me feel.

No comments: