Friday, July 1, 2011

Swingin'

High: For the past two days we have been hanging out in the backyard :)
Low: I haven't gotten too much done around the house because I have been out in the backyard with the kids :( 
Oliver got a new swing for his birthday and we finally hung it up.  Now the kids both have a swing to play on in the back yard.  Yesterday we tested it out and the kids had a blast.
They didn't even mind when we stopped pushing them.  They just kind of hung around.
Oliver loves his swing.  He hangs onto the rope the whole time (with white knuckles) but he laughs and loves it just the same.
So this morning there was no question about what we were going to do after breakfast.  I will say this though, getting OUT of the house even just go in the backyard takes some time.  By the time both kids were fed, cleaned up, sunscreened, and dressed I was sure it had to be naptime already!  But it wasn't and we got to spend a lot of time outside.  Claire has quite the set up these days and now Oliver just wants to either be in his swing or just open and close the door on the house.  It is perfect.
I love this kid!
Claire loves to push her brother on his swing too.  And of course Pete is never too far behind. I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time in the yard this summer, and I can't wait!!

No comments: