Sunday, September 13, 2009

Irish Festival

High: Today was the Irish Festival :)
Low: I have yet to find a little Irish sweatshirt for Claire :(

Today was the local Irish Festival. We have gone the last few years and every time it has rained. But this year the weather was beautiful! My cousin is in the band Emish (click on their name to check out their website) and they play at the festival every year. My family went and so did Claire's friend Poppy and we all enjoyed the great music, delicious food, and gorgeous weather.


Emish did another excellent job! That's my cousin Christy with the fiddle.

Here is a closer look. How awesome is my new camera? I was super far away and my camera zoomed right up there and got a great picture!!!!


Christy's daughter Ashlyn enjoyed the music :)


My cousin Leah came home from college to spend the day with our family.


Claire LOVES to watch the Irish dancers and jam to the music!


Thanks to Nana Claire and Poppy got their faces painted!!!








John, Mom, Sue, and Greg enjoyin' the music.


Uncle John and Aunt Sue kept sneakin' pieces of Claire's popcorn.



Then Uncle Greg taught her how to catch popcorn in her mouth :)


I had to add this in. This is Claire's "I did something wrong" face. I am not even sure what she did wrong at this point but it is hilarious when she does this. She will never be able to lie her way out of ANYTHING because this face gives it all away.



Uncle Bill, Auntie Rose, and Dad never miss a chance for a picture.


Claire givin' Nana a quick squeeze.



The girls.


And to end the night, Claire LOVED my birthday cupcakes. Can you tell?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

We had a great time - count us in for next year!

Aunt Di said...

Have you tried McKay's for the sweatshirt?

Tammy said...

Wish I could have come...love the last pic of Claire.

Christy said...

Aww, I LOVE the pictures!! What a fun day with great weather....thanks for posting these! :) Can't wait to see you again soon! ~Christy XOXO