Thursday, September 17, 2009

I DID IT!!!!!

High: I am finally figuring out my camera :)
Low: I got my "back to school" cold :(

Blow the whistle, ring the bells, and sound the alarms...I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!! Well, kinda. After school today Claire and I went to Mark's soccer game. While Claire was happily sitting on her monkey towel, snacking on oyster crackers I busted out my camera. The weather was perfect. There was just enough sun to give me great lighting (and as you photographers know it is all about the lighting). After 209 (literally) wasted pictures, I was ready to chuck my camera into the playing field. Then it happened.....


You may call it garbage, but I call it SWEET VICTORY!!!!! Since I started getting into photography, all I have wanted was to take a picture where my subject is clear as a bell and the background is blurred. Sounds pretty easy right? WELL IT IS MOST CERTAINLY NOT THAT EASY!! Not for me anyway. I really felt that after I got this hot new camera all my problems would be solved. This is when I realized photography is not easy and there are some SUPER talented people out there!!!!!!! Since I got this camera I have tried to get this effect and I have not been successful. I started to think it was the camera. So I searched online and found this site Nikon CoolPix Review (click on the words to visit the site). This is a blog where a regular mom (not a photographer) got the same camera as me and day by day learns how to use it. Then she explains it all to me (and the rest of the crazies on the world wide web who can't figure out a camera)!!!! It's a great site and I have learned SOOOOO MUCH!!!

Here are some of my other great pics from today. I am still learning so bare with me, but I am pretty proud.



Claire looks a little silly in this one, but hey...the background looks blurred :)

Here are my favorites (besides my beloved garbage can):






1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yes! Congrats on figuring it out! (you're not gonna frame that garbage can one, are you?)