Sunday, December 10, 2017

SPARTAN!!!

On October 14th, it became official. I finally became a SPARTAN!!!!!
Amy, Mark, and I headed out Friday to Ohio for our big race.  We stopped at the Plummer's Tavern and had a delicious pre race meal!
The morning of the race was super foggy but we were ready to go!
Supporting the Cause while we raced. Although when asked, "Are you guys racing for breast cancer?!"  we all weirdly responded, "NO!!"  and we are still not really sure why!!
The course map!!!!  It was at this point that my heart stopped a little!
Pre-race shot!
Starting line!
Rocking it through the mud!!!
Sandbag carry!  I ditched the ladies bag and carried the men's bag!!!
I finally made it to the end!  At the end you have to jump the fire and get a super cool finisher pick.  You really can't tell from this shot but the fire was REALLY big!  All I wanted was a cool finisher pic.  As you can see that didn't happen lol!!!
Almost over!!!
I should have looked up!!!!!!  But whatever, I made it over!!!!!
And I got my medal!!!!  My first ever medal!!!!
A little dance celebration!  
The finish line is the greatest place in the world!  They blast amazing music and everyone is so happy!  I wish that I could bottle up that finish line feeling and take it everywhere with me!
I loved racing with these two! 
Our medals are so pretty!
I had so much fun training and racing with Amy!  
And I thank God for this guy every day!  He always pushes me to be the best version of myself and to do things I would never have the guts to do on my own!

I can't wait to do another one!!!!!

No comments: