Friday, February 12, 2016

Skiing!

This year Mark finally talked me into joining the local ski club.  And it has been quite the adventure!
 The first week there was not enough snow for my lesson but the kids still had their lesson.
Oliver loved his first lesson!!!!  Although I am pretty sure that he just talked the whole time.
Claire loved her lesson and she did an amazing job for her first time!
Mark did a great job helping the kids out.  My lesson was cancelled so he tried to teach me some stuff....let's just say that did NOT go well at all.  The following week I had my lesson and things went MUCH better!
We are really having a blast at the ski club!  There is so much to do there and everyone is so nice.  There is a band every Saturday so we bring dinner and stay all day.  Oliver loves seeing the band.  During their break, he had to go and tell each band member that they were doing a great job.  He about lost his mind when they gave him a guitar pic.
And he loved dancing with Mr. Mark.
Two weeks ago was "German Night"!  We had a blast listening to the band and eating German food!
So much fun with the Beehlers!
Claire and I love to take breaks with some hot chocolate by the indoor fire.
Oliver would stay out all day.  He is a total maniac out there.  He just flies down the hill (he has not mastered stopping yet) and yells, "I am a professional skier!"
To stop, he just throws himself on the ground!
I like skiing, but I love being with my family even more! 
The night skiing is super fun!  Claire does a great job teaching me to ski ;)

While the skiing takes up a lot of time, we really do love it and we are having so much fun!  The weather has not been the best for skiing this season but we are definitely hooked!!!

No comments: