Friday, February 12, 2016

Christmas 2015

I know, I know I am super late with this post.  But life has been crazy, WONDERFUL but crazy.  We have a snow day today so I am using this day to catch up!  And I have vowed to blog every day of our up coming week off! I am missing too much and this cannot go on.  So I will catch up on things I have missed in December and January and then it will be a week full of fun!  So let's get started!
 Even though our Christmas season did not seem so "Christmasy" due to the weirdly warm weather and no snow, we still did our usual Christmas traditions!  We couldn't miss the Festival Of Lights!
The kids loved seeing Santa!
And we even got a family picture!  I will say that the Christmas tree area was not the same without snow but we loved it all just the same.
We did some Christmas caroling at Elderwood.  Even though G.G. is no longer there, we still enjoyed singing for the residents.  And the kids loved hanging out their buddy Harper.
The kids did an amazing job in their dancing Christmas show (as usual)!  Oliver's class did the Polar Express and he nailed it as Tom Hanks!
And Claire did an amazing job in her hip hop number!  I can't even take how old she is getting!
Oliver was pumped and ready to rock!
He loves his ladies.
Claire just wanted to hang with her buds, she didn't really want me hanging around taking pictures.  She is killing me.
And it wouldn't be Christmas without our annual Train Ride!!!!
The boys had a blast!
And of course, that day it was FREEZING!!!!
But I think everyone loved it just the same.
I love that all of our families get together for this!
Harper LOVED seeing Santa!!!!!
I could seriously eat her little face.
All that cold was worth it to see Santa!
Komos with Santa.
At this point, they were both done with the cold.
The kids were thrilled to have Cozy back for the season.  Well, that is until she ate some of Oliver's gingerbread house that he made with Daddy.  Oliver kind of lost his mind about it.  He kept crying and yelling, "WHY WOULD SHE DO THAT?!  WE WORKED SO HARD ON THAT HOUSE!!  WHY?!?!?!"  So Cozy showed up the next day with a brand new gingerbread house!  I know that she felt terrible and I can assure you this will never happen again ;)
We also had my cousin Leah's baby shower in this mix as well.  It was a beautiful shower and I still cannot believe that my baby cousin is having a baby!
And now onto Christmas!!!!!!!  The kids are so grown up this year, I cannot even take it!
We had another wonderful and relaxing Christmas Eve here at our house!
The kids love seeing their big cousins.
And of course, Papa.
Ladies and red lipstick ;)
Then Santa showed up!
Oliver was pumped to see his buddy!
Claire was too!!!!
Komos with Santa again.
Grandma and Grandpa with Santa.
Nana and Papa with Santa.
Uncle Greg with Santa ;)
Then we all loved playing with the stuff Santa brought for the kids.
 Uncle Johnny and his partner even made it on their dinner hour for a quick dinner!
Uncle Greg had fun helping the kids toss the "Reindeer Dust" on the front lawn to attract Santa's sleigh.  Even though there was no snow, they still saw it ;)
Claire put on an amazing mini concert and played us some of her songs on her violin.  She is doing so well with the violin, I am so proud of her!
THEN SANTA CAME!!!!!!!!!!
Claire was thrilled with her American Girl doll!
And Oliver was pumped about his new phone!
After we played with our new toys,
And made some crafts...
We headed over to Nana and Papa's for Christmas day.  
Claire loved jamming with Uncle Bill.
Then we headed over the Grandma and Grandpa's for some more fun! 
Camden loved his first Christmas!
Komo girls all dainty.
Now, the real Komo girls!!!!
Then we wrapped it all up with our annual New Year's celebration!
The girls had a blast!
And so did Oliver!
I loved using my Nonny's champagne glasses to ring in the new year!
Champagne for us and sparkling grape juice for the little ones.
Two grown up girls.  I cannot even take it.
The Cappellis
The Komos
Love this girl!!!
We all enjoyed our yearly couples dinner!  Forgive the terrible cell phone pictures, I was using a selfie stick!
We had a great time!  It is so hard to get together now because of kids, work, and just being busy but I am so glad we make it a point to do this!  We always have a blast!
 
It was another amazing holiday season.  I truly enjoyed just being with family and good friends!  I am so blessed and lucky to have all of these people in my life!!!  Bring on 2016!!  My resolution this year is to "Be the person you want others to think you are."


No comments: