Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Great Day

Yesterday we spent the day at the ski club with the Beehlers.  It was a bit of a snowstorm so the slopes were a little slow and very fluffy!  Apparently, a great day for Lesa and Mark to talk me into going down a GINORMOUS HILL!!!!
See that hill?  The one in the background behind Claire, Oliver, Mark, and Lesa.  Yeah that GINORMOUS ONE!  The one that you can't even see the top?  Yeah they made me ski down that!  I did a great job on the chair  lift but after that...not so much.  I fell about 36 times going down the first half, while my children skied easily behind me cheering me on.  They were so sweet!  Claire would ski up behind me (while I was lying on the ground) and say, "You ok Mom?  You are doing great."  And Oliver would ski by and say, "You are doing great Mom!"  It was sweet but I hated that my kids were watching me fall all over the place!  And I really hate not being able to do something!  But after stumbling down the first half I made it down the second half without falling!!!!
Then I went right into the lodge.  I was covered in snow and I deserved a break!  
Despite my near death experience we really had a great day.  After snacking and relaxing for awhile we all headed out to Scooby Do and played around on that hill.  We had a great time.
Oliver did a great job today!  Mark has been pulling him around on a harness but today he finally worked on his stopping and turns!  He was awesome!

I am so proud of how hard he worked!

I tried to get a video of me skiing and Claire too but my phone wasn't cooperating.  Claire is doing an amazing job and she even skied a BLACK DIAMOND!

Later that I night I had a well needed date night with Jessica!  We went to the outlets and had dinner.  We had a great time as usual but I forgot to get a picture of us! 
It was another great day, I am loving my February break!

No comments: