Thursday, September 15, 2011

Irish Festival

Last Saturday was my birthday and we celebrated by going to dinner at a great Asian restaurant (my favorite) and then going to the Irish Festival.  We always have a blast at this festival.  The kids love the music and it is great to see our family.  My cousin plays in the band Emish (click HERE to check them out) and our family always goes to watch them!  
Claire loves getting her popcorn and hanging out with Uncle Greg.
And of course, she loves hanging with her Daddy! She loves to watch the Irish dancers perform.  She spent about 20 minutes dancing to the music.  It was hilarious!  She was dancing all over the place and she kept bobbing her down in this long dramatic pause.  She is awesome!
Here is Claire dancing away.
Oliver loved the music.  He kept dancing and he LOVES the drums!  Whenever there would be a drum solo he would watch the band (very seriously) and just go "woah".
And what would a festival be without the junk we buy for the kids.  Claire fell in love with this unicorn that you could "walk".  She kept saying "I can't wait to take her home and show her my room.  She has never seen my room and she is really excited!"
And Oliver is OBSESSED with balloons.  I am talking OBSESSED!  Whenever we are around balloons he goes crazy.  He goes "HI!!" and waves at them.  It is adorable.  So he was thrilled when I bought him this Spiderman balloon!  He kept kissing it and dancing with him.
He was very proud to show Spiderman to G.G.
Seriously?!  Could he be any cuter?!?  I cannot believe that he doesn't have bite marks all over his handsome little face! I could just eat him up!!!!!!!
My little Irish princess had fun hanging out with Nana (and her new unicorn).  

Overall, it was another great birthday.  After the festival the kids slept at Nana and Papa's (and trust me they couldn't wait for us to leave so that they could be spoiled rotten by Nana and Papa) and Mark and I went out with friends.  It was a great night full of laughs and great friends!  Another amazing year has gone by and I have so much to be grateful for!  I can't wait to see what the next year brings!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, her dancing cracked me up! It's like a classier version of head banging. That girl is awesome. :)

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tammy said...

Jack and I LOVED Claire dancing. We noticed not many people were paying attention to her, which made it even more awesome. Loved how she'd bounce off of people and keep rolling with it. LOVE!