Thursday, February 24, 2011

To Crawl Or Not To Crawl

So Oliver is still not crawling.  He is almost 9 months old and is NOT crawling!  He will scoot around but has no interest in actually crawling.  Soooo being the teachers that we are, Mark and I have devoted much of our time to tummy time.  We have been setting up toys to try to lure Oliver to crawl towards them.
 Here was today's set up.  Now, there are multiple things to attract Oliver's attention.  The first one being his beloved playmat.
 Then his favorite teething frog set up on his other favorite toy...his maraca.
He tried the playmat.  He grabbed a toy and then looked at me like, seriously....just push it towards me.

Upon realizing that I was not going to push anything towards him he gave up on the playmat and his attention was soon drawn towards the frog/maraca. "Hmmmm...can I get it without having to crawl towards it?"
Just as he was about to get his fanny up in the air, his eyes have strayed away from the frog to another object.
"OHHH A TAG!!!"  Not one of the items that I strategically set up but whatever works.  Come on, come on...just a little closer now.
"Hang on....this is harder than I thought.  What to do?  What to do?  Is the frog closer?  Or the tag?  Which one will take the least amount of movement to get into my mouth?"
"The tag.  MMMM!  Definitely, the tag!"
And Oliver still didn't crawl.
And Pete watched the whole thing thinking "I wish I had thumbs so that I could finish this bottle off!"

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Just in case it makes you feel better, I can guarantee that Sammy will not be crawling by the time he's 9 months either. He wants nothing to do with being on his tummy or attempting crawl. These boys!