Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Sunday, January 30, 2011 Frankie's Christening

Frankie's Christening
HIGH: My Godson is being Christened today :)
LOW: It is my LAST day off :(  AND Oliver is still sick :(


Today was my Godson Frankie's Christening!  He looked so handsome in his little suit and I am honored to be his Godmother!!
The kids all had a blast at the party!  Especially when Aunt Shannon played Simon Says with everyone.
Claire had a blast with the other kids but as always, loved taking a break and spending some time with her Daddy.

Well, today is the day.  My last day of maternity leave.  My last day of sleeping in.  My last day of wearing sweats all day.  My last day of playing, doing laundry, and watching ridiculous daytime television.  But, most of all this is my last day of being home with my babies.  My last day of playing house, painting pictures, playing hide and seek, and snuggling all day long with my buddies.   I have loved being home with my babies. I have cherished every second and I will miss it more than words can explain.  But, it is time for me to rejoin the working world.  I am ready.  I am weirdly ready for the steady routine of the work week.  I am looking forward to long days and stressful deadlines.  I am looking forward to the exhaustion of a long day at the office.  I am looking forward to the faculty room filled with laughter and gossip.  Most of all, I am looking forward to the smiles on my babies' faces when I get home. 

Thank you Claire and Oliver for the best 8 Months of my life.  I love you both!!!

I will not be blogging everyday now that I am back to work.  But, I will try to do at least two posts a week!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Awwww!

carrie said...

You're kids will someday love that you wrote that to them!
Carrie