Sunday, March 7, 2010

Claire On Ice



Today was a busy day.  Mark had the day totally off, so we decided to do some much needed errands.   So we got up and got busy.  We started off by completing the order for the baby's furniture, getting Claire new sneakers, getting the baby's bedding, and finally getting Claire some ice skates and a helmet.

Yes....I said I ice skates.  Mark has been DYING to get Claire on skates since he started playing hockey.  And apparently today was the day to start (at the beginning of March).  We found some skates in Claire's size (ok a little bigger than Claire's size) and a helmet and we were all set!


We got in the car to head home for some lunch and a nap.  Mark was so excited to get Claire on skates he started calling every place in the area (and some places in the not so area) to find some open skate times.  Yep...no one does that on Sundays.  Defeated and down right sad we headed home.  Mark was very sad (notice I said Mark and not Claire).  So we ate our lunch and settled down for our afternoon nap.  While I was taking my much needed afternoon nap I could hear Mark banging around and going in and out of the house.  I woke up and he was READY!  He had Claire's stuff all ready (and his too) and he was just waiting for Claire to wake up.  He found a place down town that had open skate!!!


After Claire finally got up (she took a late nap due to all the errands) we high tailed it downtown to SKATE!  Now, the open skate was until 6 and we arrived at 5:30 only to have the man tell us that no one else was allowed on the ice.  I swear I thought Mark was gonna cry!  Then Claire's eyes got all teary.  I swear it was pitiful.  Downright pitiful.  Then I saw Mark do something I have NEVER seen him do before.  He actually started BEGGING the man to let us go on the ice just for a few minutes.  After a few minutes of begging and a little "financial persuasion" IT WAS TIME TO SKATE!!!!  Mark didn't even tie his skates!  They ended up having a blast for the 7 minutes they were out there, it was so sweet to watch.  I swear I will never know why these small things mean so much to US as parents, but I do know they make being a parent awesome!

 

TEAM KOMO!


PS The baby's name is Oliver John Komosinski.

4 comments:

R! said...

Hi!
Come check out my blog:
hungergamesseristheories.blogspot.com
cute blog! :)

Amanda said...

Wow - I was exhausted just reading about all that running around! Thank God for naptime!!!

And um, hello! Why didn't you just call me about ice skating? Luckily it looks like Claire has a little time to grow into those skates, but did you know there are a ton of places (including the one you ended up at) that rents for a few bucks?! Anyways, it looks like it was all worth it. And about 7 minutes is as long as Poppy has lasted each time she has been out on the ice. ;)

Unknown said...

I can remember when Mark took me to open skate at the WS ring and taught me how to skate! I have some pretty cool older brothers! PS there should be some skates in the basement that would fit Claire better.

Sara said...

This is soo cute :) Funniest part is that Mark was more upset than Claire was!!! It was great seeing you guys on Saturday...such an awesome surprise!!!!