Monday, March 22, 2010

Big Top Claire!


Last Saturday was Claire's (and my) first trip to the circus!  We had a BLAST! 
Thank you so much Jenn for the tickets, it was a really great night and we made some wonderful memories that we will NEVER forget :)

 

Claire loved "The Swingers" aka the trapeze artists!  She kept saying "Are they swinging?!  They are so high!!"  But overall her favorite part was the pony rides during intermission.




 

Claire got her first tattoo at the circus.  And she is now obsessed!!  She wants to know who has a tattoo and where!  


Claire couldn't get over the "huge man". 
Disclaimer: Terrible picture of Mommy.



The circus itself was pretty long!  I was surprised how late it got.  Claire loved the last act of the tigers and lions. She kept saying they were Simba and Mufasa.  


   It was at this point we busted out the silky so Claire could just relax and enjoy the end of the show.

I will say, I enjoyed my first trip to the circus.  I loved the food, the music, and the madness of it all.  Although, I will say that I felt a little let down by the clowns.  I am not sure what I expected but I was a little let down by them.  Also, I was a little let down when the Ringmaster went on and on about the special guest who came so far and blah blah.  I was so excited to see who was about to come out.  I was on the edge of my bleacher seat, I could barely contain my self..... and then out comes this guy who balances VASES on his head.  Yeah, I couldn't do it but COME ON?!  Where were the fire eaters or the bearded lady or the freak show?! I  feel that I am ready for the next step in the Circus world.  Maybe I took the book Geek Love too seriously but now I am hooked and I need to see more!!
 

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Love the fact that Claire got "inked" at the circus.

Village Living said...

Looks like you had lots of fun!

amy said...

If there was no Arty then there is no way I'm going. The shrine circus is pretty lame if your not 8 or younger. What was disappointing to me was at the fair I paid 50 cents to see the miniature horse and it was a small horse. It wasn't tiny. Geek Loved ruined the circus for me too. I will never look at it the same again if there isn't an albino midget with a hump!

Anonymous said...

I love everything about this! Tammy B