Monday, June 1, 2020

Day 78

Yesterday was a quiet day around here.  We were all exhausted from our hike the day before so we just chilled out a bit.  Mark and I took a nice walk but other than that we just chilled out.
Things are a bit crazy around here right now.  Not only are we going through a pandemic but we are also dealing with some other horrible and heavy things around the world.  A man (George Floyd) was killed my a police office in Minnesota.  It was awful.  Now there are many protests going on in reaction to what happened.  Many people gathered to protest on Saturday night downtown.  Things got really scary.
I won't get into my political views and all of that.  But I will say that my heart breaks for our country right now.  I do believe that white privilege is a thing, I do believe if George Floyd was white this never would have happened, I do believe that I need to teach my kids to love all people, I do believe they also need to know that they are already born with advantages in this world just because of the color of their and that they need to use that privilege to help others, I do believe that not all police officers are bad, and I do believe that violence is never the answer but sometimes people don't know what else to do to get their point across, and I do believe that someday it will get better if we all try.

No comments: