Wednesday, January 29, 2014

A Cold Day In Oz

The weather has been pretty crazy around here.  It has been soooo cold, the wind chills went down to -20, this week that school has been closed all week!  Actually, Claire's school was closed today but Mark and I still had to go in.  Since Claire was off someone had to stay with her, and that someone was lucky enough to be me!!! 
I heard about the this exhibit at a local library this morning and since I could not stand the thought of being cooped up in this house one more day, we bundled up and headed out to see THE WIZARD OF OZ EXHIBIT!  The kids absolutely loved it!   It was really neat, it had all of the original copies of The Wizard of Oz books with all kinds of fun facts.  
There was a life size Wicked Witch Of The West that would talk and move when you walked by it, needless to say Oliver wanted nothing to do with her.  But when he saw Dorothy we couldn't keep him away.
The kids loved looking at the all the Wizard of Oz toys, games, shoes, and books!  And when we were finished Claire loved looking at the books.
And Oliver loved playing on the computers.

We had a really nice day at the library.  I really enjoyed spending the day with the kids (not cooped up in the house).  At first I was kind of bummed that I wasn't able to get some work done at school today but now I am so happy that I got to spend the day with my buddies and do something fun!!

No comments: