Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Science Museum

Over Christmas break (I know, I know...I am still catching up) we had a great time at the Science Museum!  The Science Museum is one of our favorite places to go and they had a great new motion exhibit so needless to say, we had a blast!
Claire and Oliver loved moving the tubes around to make the balls go all over the place.  The motion exhibit was perfect for both of the kids.
 Claire was amazed by the balls that she could make stay in the air, defying gravity.
She loved showing Oliver how to do it.
I was pretty impressed with myself when I completed this puzzle in just a few minutes!  No one else really cared but, I was very proud.
Then of course, the hurricane tunnel is always a hit!  Not so much for Claire's hair, but fun for the kids none the less.
Oliver's favorite part was obviously the dinosaurs.  He did have a melt down at the end of our visit because the museum did not have a full T-Rex, just the head.  We tried to tell him that this dinosaur was a T-Rex but he was not having it.  The conversation went something like this:
Oliver: WHY ISN'T THERE A FULL BODY T-REX?!  THEY ONLY HAVE THE HEAD!!!!
Me: Oh honey, I think the one down  in the lobby is a T-Rex.  Let's go see him.
Oliver: That is NOT a T-Rex!  He is too small.  It is an Albertosaurus!!!
Mark:  No, I think that may just be a baby T-Rex.
Oliver (through his sniffles): Maybe...I guess it could be....but I really think it is an Albertosaurus.
 In the end he bought it, I actually think he was just playing along.  The dinosaur above actually is an Albertosaurus, how he knew that is beyond me.  God love him.

Overall, we had a great time.  It is always so cool to see their little minds work while they look and play with each exhibit.   They are both so smart, it blows my mind each time we go!  I love these two!

2 comments:

amy said...

I love how you worked defying gravity in there! Looks like you guys had fun!

mkomosinski said...

Always room for a little Wicked :)