Friday, June 29, 2012

Swimmy Day

 HIGH: We spent the day swimming and enjoying the beautiful weather :)
LOW: Claire was tired and didn't go in the splash pad :(
Today was Oliver and Claire's first swim lesson.  I forgot the camera chip and I didn't have my back up so I had to snap a picture with my phone.  It is not my best picture but you get the point.  Oliver LOVED it!  He was going under the water, jumping in, and swimming like a champ. Claire did awesome too!  She is a natural in the water and hopefully this session she will start swimming on her own!
 After swim lessons we headed to Green Lake to enjoy a nice picnic lunch with Claire's best friend Giada.
After lunch we suited up and headed over to the splash pad!
Oliver had a blast checking out the water.  He loved running back and forth across the pad with me.
But not as much as he loved running back and forth with Giada.
Claire was a little grumpy because the water was so cold.  She was having an internal conflict with the fact that she wanted to go in the water but it was too cold.  I think the last few days have caught up to her.
So we left the splash pad and got dressed to go on the playground.  After the playground Daddy took the kids on a nature walk and the kids had a blast!  Giada told her Mom "Uncle Mark takes us on the best walks!  We saw snake holes!!"
We ended our trip with few more minutes on the playground.  Claire and Giada took over the slide while Oliver took over the train.  It was another great day!



No comments: