Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Doctor and Bedtime

HIGH: Oliver did great at his two year doctor visit today :)
LOW: We never made it to the zoo today :(


Oliver had his two year visit at the doctor today.  He did so well!!  He chatted with the nurses and let Dr. Casey examine him and smiled the whole time.  He is healthy as a horse and weighs 28 pounds (last time we weighed Claire she was 32 pounds :).  I was such a proud Mama today while I watched Oliver cooperate with the nurses and the doctor.  He just smiled and answered all of their yes or no questions.  He was such a good boy! Dr. Casey was impressed with how well mannered Oliver is and how much he talks!!

We had big plans to go to zoo for membership appreciation night but we had the guys come to check our kitchen so we missed it.  But overall we had a great day.  We went to the doctor and then to Target.  After that we just hung out at home.  It is so nice to be on vacation and relax and not have to be rushing around all the time.
I didn't get any pictures throughout the day but I got some at bedtime.  I love bedtime.  Mark and I take turns putting Claire and Oliver to bed.  Tonight was my turn with Oliver.  I love reading to Oliver at night.  He is really getting into his books.  Right now his favorite is "Are You My Mother?"
Oliver loves to talk about everything that is happening in the pictures.  It is so sweet.  After we read our books he gets his binkie and blankie and snuggles up with me on his chair.  Then I tell him a story that always starts the same way "Once upon a time, there was a little boy named Oliver..." and he smiles and laughs each time like he never heard it before.  Then I sing him a few songs.  He usually requests the "ABC's", the "Rainbow Song", and then the "Mama Song" which is the song that I made up for him.  Then he snuggles up in his crib and says "Goodnight Mama, I yuv you!" as I close the door.  It is the perfect end to any day!
After I put Oliver down I head over to Claire's room and I usually find something like this happening.  While I am putting Oliver down Claire and Daddy are usually fooling around, building something, or playing a game when they are supposed to be getting ready for bed.  I always act frustrated and give it the old "Come on guys, it is time for bed!" line but it always makes me smile.  Again, it is the perfect end to any day.

No comments: