Monday, June 25, 2012

Niagara Falls

Even though our summer vacation didn't officially start until today we decided to start our summer off right!  We decided to take the kids to Niagara Falls (the Canadian Side).  Even though we forgot the stroller (and I was pretty positive that the whole trip was ruined)  we had a wonderful time.
The kids loved walking around and seeing everything.  It was hot and sunny!  The perfect weather for the falls!
I even managed to get in a picture.
And we managed to get a nice family picture.  I was very nervous about giving someone my camera to take our picture, I just kept picturing Clark Griswald! Someone even came up to us and offered but I told them no thank you.  Finally, I kept my eye out for someone who also had a fancy camera.  I did this for two reasons.  One being that they already had a nice camera and didn't need mine and two they know how to take a nice picture.  Well it worked!  Even though the guy barely spoke English, he took a nice picture.
Here is the Maid Of The Mist.  I can't believe that they are going to stop doing this.  I have never been on it and after seeing it I would love to!  Plus Oliver loved watching it.  He just kept yelling "Boat!  Watch out!!  People on there!!!!  Oh no!"  I think he thought the boat was going to go under the falls!
I knew the kids would enjoy the falls, but I didn't realize that they would love it as much as they did.  Oliver loved every single part of it.  He loved the water, the scenery, and the people.  He just kept pointing at everything and saying what it was!  "Rocks, water, boat, people, birds..."  etc. He was just amazed by it all.
 Claire loved it too!  She was very interested in what body of water we were looking at, how it got there, how long it has been there.... etc.  She is so funny and very into science so this was right up her alley.  We did a lot of walking and Claire was a total trooper the whole time.  She never complained and had a blast!  Even when we walked from the falls to Clifton Hill (up hill in the 90 degree heat) she did it with a smile on her face.
Because it was so hot, we made sure to stop to rest and have a drink break.
Then we walked to Clifton Hill to have lunch.  We decided to go Margaritaville.  I was not sure if it was going to be kid friendly (due to the margaritas and Jimmy Buffet) but it worked out perfectly! The whole place had a pirate theme!  The kids each got a pirate hat and they were thrilled.
 Here is Claire's pirate face.
Oliver loved his hat too.
Here is his pirate face.
Then Bucky the pirate showed up!  I thought Oliver was going to have a heart attack! He loved petting his bird.
And giving him a kiss.
The kids loved our trip to Margaritaville.  There was a woman there on stilts making balloons animals too.  I didn't get a picture of her but she was awesome.  Oliver just kept staring at her and saying "She tall!  Wow!"
The kids favorite part of the falls trip was walking through the misty/rainy part of the falls.  They found it amazing that all of sudden it was pouring and you could walk right out of it.  It was perfect to cool us down and the kids loved splashing in the puddles!

It was such a nice trip!  The kids really enjoyed themselves and Mark and I had a blast too. I can't wait to see where our next adventure takes us!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a perfect day! The kids are at such a great age! I've been thinking about taking a trip to the falls and now after reading this, I am going to make sure it happens this summer.

ps- love your sassy new hair-do!