Saturday, December 26, 2009

'Twas The Night Before Christmas......


On Christmas Eve we continued our usual tradition of going to my Nonny's house. My Nonny's house IS Christmas. Ever since I was born we have gone there on Christmas Eve after church and had dinner and opened present. It was so heartwarming this year to see Claire and my cousin's daughter Ashlyn doing all the things we used to do.


Claire loved Ashlyn (who might I add is the HAPPIEST baby I have ever met in my life). Claire wanted to be right there to help with everything. Here she is helping to feed Ashlyn her dinner.


The two hot Mamas by the tree.

When I was a kid Santa always maybe a special stop at my Nonny's house. It has been a few years since he has stopped, but this year he made a special stop to see the girls.


This Claire's face when Santa walked into the living room.


Claire was thrilled to have Santa to herself for a little while. There was no line of kids waiting so she got to chat away.


Claire and Ashlyn had no problem posing for just a few pictures with Santa:)
It is so sweet to see these two sitting on Santa's lap. I can remember like it was yesterday when Christy (Ashlyn' mom and my cousin) and I used to sit on Santa's lap for pictures.


Claire very quietly and politely asked Santa if she could play with his bells. She was so excited when he said yes that she had to run right over to Ashlyn to show her. Ashlyn was so excited that she ate them :)


Santa even had time to listen to a few of the older kids :)


Everyone enjoyed opening their presents.


After all of our stops on Christmas Eve my immediate family always meets back up at my house to exchange our gifts and watch old family movies. Claire loved opening her presents. Nana got her a dress up box with all kinds of dress clothes. Here she is showing Peter her dress up shoes.


Here is Claire with Papa after she opened her PINK ROBE!!!! She was so excited to get her pink robe she wore it all night. When we put her to bed she was all sweaty.


Greg and Sue loved family time.


And before we went to bed we left a plate of cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Looks like a great time! Can't wait to see pics of xmas morning. And where did they find the pink robe?!?!?