Monday, December 28, 2020

COVID Christmas

 We set the time for 7am this year and the kids gave us a little window to wake up slow.
THEN HE CAME!  HE CAME!  SANTA CAME!!!
Claire and Oliver waited so patiently for Daddy and me to make our coffee (and Oliver's warm milk) and get the fire started.



Oliver loves his warm milk!







The kids took their time this year and decided that we should all take turns opening our gifts.  It worked out really nicely and we all enjoyed seeing what everyone got!
Then there was the hot mess aftermath!
After the madness we had a fancy breakfast!
Then a masked up visit from Nana and Papa to exchange gifts with them.  After they left Grandma and Grandpa masked up and stopped over too.
Oliver loved his new hockey bag!


After our visits we had another delicious and fancy dinner in the dining room and then we got cozy again and watched Mandalorian.   

I missed everyone so much. I missed the loud house with Christmas music blaring and everyone talking loudly.  I missed eating and laughing and taking pictures.  I missed seeing both sides of my family visiting and having fun. I missed being exhausted when everyone left.  I missed doing it all over again on Christmas day.  It stinks that it had to be this way, super stinks.  Like cry in the shower (again) stinks.  But, I watched my kids both days and they both still laughed and had a blast.  Oliver still ran around excited counting down the days. Claire and Oliver still loved picking out presents for family and wrapping gifts. Santa still came and made the kids happy. Even though we didn't get to see our whole family (and that crushed me), we still got to see some of them.  It was wonderful and calm Christmas. One we will definitely never forget.  And I am grateful for the cozy, calm holiday with my little family.  This too shall pass and I will always remember that we made the best of an awful situation!



No comments: