Saturday, December 12, 2020

Christmas Traditions 2020

 This is usually my most favorite time of the year.  I love all of the traditions that we have built as a family and I look forward to them all year 'round.  Well unfortunately, this year is going to look a lot different.  So as much as I want to completely lose my mind about all of this, I have decided to just make the best of it!

So this year we introduced a new tradition!

We went to see Elf at the drive in!  It was so much fun! We grabbed some chicken sandwiches and we brought all of our sleeping bags and got cozy in the trunk.  
We weren't the only people who loved this idea. It was pretty busy but super safe!  We will definitely do this again!
Claire has quite the set up going on for distance learning. She turned her new vanity into a desk and has been loving her set up (but is super excited to go back to school).
Oliver is all set up at the dining room table.  He loves his space because is next to the Christmas tree but he is not nearly as organized as Claire lol.  But it is working for him!  He has done great with distance learning but is also looking forward to going back to school!
One of my most favorite traditions is the Festival Of Lights.  This year we could still drive through but we couldn't get out.  We were all just happy to drive through!  
The lines were pretty bonkers but we kind of expected that.  We wore our comfy clothes, got peppermint hot chocolates, brought our favorite blankets, and settled in for the wait.
We only had to wait about an hour (which was better than most people) and we had some great conversations while waiting.  We usually have to wait about that long to see Santa every year so no one was really upset about.
I finally let the kids stick their heads out of the sunroof while we went through the light tunnel!
I kept saying that the only thing I was really going to miss about walking through the festival was the Christmas Tree village (to the point that everyone was getting annoyed with me).  That is my absolute favorite!  So I was beyond thrilled when they put all of the trees in the drive through display!!!!  


And we still finished up our night with our traditional Mighty Taco feast.  Even though we had to take it out and eat at home, it was still great.  So even though some things have changed we all still had a blast and made some great memories. The kids have been so positive and amazing throughout all of this, I am really so proud of them!  COVID can't ruin our Christmas traditions!


No comments: