Monday, June 24, 2019

End Of The Year

Welp the school year has officially ended (for the kids anyway)! 


We wrapped up the school by going to Claire’s 6th grade awards assembly. We received a letter in the mail last week saying that Claire won an award and that we were invited (as a secret) to the ceremony!  We were super excited and curious!


Claire was very surprised to see us!

Of course we embarrassed the heck out of her! But I think she secretly loves it!

Only 40 or so kids got high honors in her grade so I am beyond proud!!!! Claire worked so hard all year and I definitely cried when she got her award!


She is such an amazing girl. Every day Claire makes me proud, seriously every single day she does something that makes my heart burst with pride and today it was so awesome to see others recognize how amazing this girl is. I am so lucky that I get to be her Mama!!!

She also won the One Million Word Reading Challenge! 


My soon to be SEVENTH grader!!!!


Oliver had an amazing year too. We absolutely loved his teacher Mr. Dovey. We are sad to say goodbye but hopefully next year he will have a great teacher too! Oliver did so well academically and he worked so hard on keeping his chatting to a minimum! I am so proud of him! His makes me so proud every day too! His kindness never ceases to amaze me. Oliver always asks me how my day was or how I am feeling. He is such a love!


Claire’s favorite teacher was Mrs Cullen. She really fostered Claire’s love of reading and we are sad to move on but next year should be just as exciting!


So ridiculously proud of my kids. Oliver won an award for his Perfect Attendance and Claire got her High Honors award! I am so lucky that I get to be their Mom!!!  Now let the summer fun begin!