Saturday, October 19, 2013

Kathy's Crusaders

Today we all rallied together to support my mother who was diagnosed with breast cancer about a month ago.  She is doing very well and I am so proud of how strong she has been.  The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk was this morning so we put together a team to raise money for breast cancer and to support my mother in her fight.  A special thank you goes out to Jessica, who put this entire walk together and even got us team shirts!!
I couldn't fit everyone in one shot so I had to take three.
I am so thankful for everyone taking time out of their busy schedules to spend the morning with us supporting a great cause.
Everyone was up early and ready to walk!
Everyone looked great in our team shirts.
Lauren and my Mom, such gorgeous ladies.
Nana and her grandbabies. The kids had a blast.
Another attempt at a family photo.
The Cappellis!  Nick and Nicholas rocked the pink with style!
Mrs. Caruana and Jacqie looked beautiful as always while they supported the cause!
John rocked his pink shirt!
 Jessica planned the whole thing and I can't thank her enough.  Today never would have happened if it wasn't for her. We love you Jess!!!!!!
 Greg and Sue had a wedding to go to but they made time this morning to come out!
My father was there to support my mother, as always.
The Balkos came out and Brendan looked so handsome in his pink (and Bob did too).
 My mother actually ran into her surgeon!!!  I thought it was wonderful that this doctor took the time out of her ridiculously busy schedule to support this event!  She is the best!
Claire was thrilled to play with John's dog.
 My father and my Uncle Dave looked so handsome in their pink!
Oliver loved reading the map and telling everyone where to go.
The kids did great!  Here they are about the cross the finish line.
John and Nicole definitely dressed to impress.
And of course, they were very serious the whole time.
Claire had to get in on the fun.


It was a wonderful day and the weather held out for us and thank God it did not rain! 

1 comment:

amy said...

Great Pictures. So glad we could help support your mom!